On this 5th day of CrossFit, you may be looking forward to visiting family during the winter break..but you’re working so hard right now, you don’t want to undo all that progress. Luckily we’ve got you covered.
How do I stay fit while traveling?
I used to look at holidays as a complete break from nutrition and exercise. It’s fun to think that way leading up to it, and maybe even the first day or two…but when you get back you feel like crap, and you need another vacation to recover from your vacation.
It doesn’t have to be that way, you can take a break, attend a conference, or see family without coming back with an extra 10 lbs of holiday weight to work off. This week’s podcast is all about surviving the holidays, and tips we use when travelling in general.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How starting with “WHY” makes it a lot easier to justify your choices
- The three core things you have to nail down to come back from a trip stronger than you left
- Why airplane food sucks, and how to avoid it
- How you can use NOT EATING (oh, the horror), to your advantage
- 6 simple tips to maintain an exercise routine
- Our best advice for beating jetlag
Links and Resources for this Episode
- Our full holiday resource guide – click here
- A great hotel workout you can try from two CF games competitors (Jason’s face when he hears it is priceless) – click here
- A great article about beating jetlag from Dave Asprey – click here
Thank you for listening
Thank you so much for checking out our podcast! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Do you have a burning question you want answered? Let us know!
Subscribe via iTunes – Click here.
Subscribe via Stitcher Click here.
12 Days of CrossFit Day 5 / Workout of the Day:
Workout of the day:
As Many Reps as Possible (AMRAP) in 10 minutes
15 Power Snatches (75/55 lbs)
Double under attempts if you don’t have them (15), or single unders (60).
the snatch weight should be pretty light.
Focus on keeping your back straight on this one, and if you’re just starting out, just do the hang power snatch instead of the full snatch to the floor