Have you met Coach Larry?
If you’ve been coming to 6am classes, you’ll know him as the quiet guy who moves heavy weights large distances quickly! He’s our newest coach, but he’s not a newbie…in fact, he’s been coaching for 6 years and has done CrossFit for 8 years.
Larry works during the day in a lab doing DNA research to help identify and cure cancer. He’s a UC Berkeley grad, and joins us after several years of coaching and training at CrossFit Silicon Valley.
He loves to train, coach, and learn, and makes a great addition to our community.
Check out his story:
In the video, Larry tells us how he started out of shape and looking to lose weight…and how he HAD to get a muscle up in his first year. He also talks about what he loves most about coaching, and how he uses the lessons he learned as an athlete early on to become a good coach.
Other interesting facts about Larry.
- He graduated from UC Berkeley (go Bears!)
- In his 6 years of coaching at CrossFit Silicon Valley, he’s gotten certified in Endurance, Olympic Lifting, CrossFit Level 1, CrossFit Level 2, Mobility, Rowing, and Kettlebell.
- His favorite drink is Philz Tesora with heavy cream
- The best piece of advice he’s ever been given is ” The goal is to get fit, make it the best hour of your day, stay safe, turn up the music, high five some people, and blow off some steam. So remember that. Relax. Have fun. Work out.” -Pat Sherwood
- Most embarrassing moment? Farting during a WOD
Float on Larry!